Credit Unions are known for their friendly, local, personal service. They also offer members low loan rates and higher dividend rates than most financial institutions.
NE PA Community Federal Credit Union is one of 10,000 credit unions across the United States. Credit unions have been around since 1935, and are not-for-profit cooperative financial institutions created by people with a common affiliation.
And your money is well protected at a credit union -- the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government, regulates credit unions, which must adhere to strict guidelines. Most credit unions have deposits of up to $250,000 insured through the NCUA.
Did you know one out of every three Americans is a credit union member? Click here to learn more about the power of credit unions.
Seven Good Reasons To Join NE PA Federal Credit Union
1. Nonprofit status: For-profit banks and other lending institutions are looking for a return on an investment when a member takes out a loan. Credit unions, however, have no stockholders looking at the return on their investment.
2. Democratic process: The Board of Directors is elected by the union's membership and works on a volunteer basis. Unlike banks, credit union members have a direct say in who's elected to run the credit union.
3. Inclusiveness: Credit unions have long-standing reputations for allowing spouses, siblings, and children of members to join.
4. Lower fees: Comparatively, credit unions have lower or no fees for services than banks.
5. Better interest rates on loans: Interest rates are typically better through credit unions, which traditionally have been among the leaders in auto loans.
6. Funds returned to members: If there are excess funds, they are generally returned to the members in the form of dividends.
7. Easy to join: You need only ask your employer, family members, or neighbors about credit unions that they may be part of. The process is then fairly simple, and minimum balances are usually very low.
* Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. ChexSystems will be used to qualify applicants for membership. Call us today at (570) 421-5585 or contact us online!